- Policy matters relating to electronics, information technology, and communication technology.
- Cyber laws, cyber security, The Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules and other IT related laws.
- Promotion of electronics, including internet; IT and IT enabled services; digital transactions including digital payments.
- Promotion of electronics design and manufacturing, hardware/software industry including knowledge based enterprise, etc.
- Promotion of standardization, testing and quality in IT and standardization of procedure for IT application and tasks.
- Assistance to other Departments in the promotion of e-Governance, e-Commerce, e-Medicine, e-Infrastructure, etc.
- Promotion of information technology education and information technology based education, digital literacy, etc.
- Coordination of information technology related matters with national and international agencies, bodies and institutions relating to information & communication technology.
- Control and regulation of internet service provider within the State.
- IT related public sector undertakings and societies.
- Technical matters relating to Unique Identification (UID).
- Communication towers.
- Infrastructure development for electronics; IT and telecommunication including internet.
- Streamlining procedure and Issue of NOC for procurement of hardware and software including software development.
- Capacity building in IT and e-Governance.
ProfileMission / VisionAllocation of Business
Who's WhoOrganization Structure
List of Officers & Staff