Braille Computer System is designed to provide proper education and training through computerized Braille transcription systems. Further, to prepare text and supplementary reading materials available to the Visually Handicapped through Braille System. Braille Computer System has three objective which is mention below
I. Education: The single largest impediment in providing education to the Visually Handicapped is the non-availability of books in adequate numbers and in proper time. The first objective of this Program is to make text and supplementary reading materials available to the Visually Handicapped through Braille System.
II. Training: Using the same Braille System, training can be organized using computer-based courseware (CBTs) which can be provided through suitably designed multimedia CD's (Compact Disks) ranging from primary education to college-level and adult literacy programs. Such CD's will assist blind teachers in standardizing the sequence and the coverage in the class. Generalized training programs will include basic health education, agricultural training courses and vocational training programs.
III. Employment and Rehabilitation:This part aims towards building of implements to make the visually handicapped persons self-sufficient in the use of various types of machines ranging from computers to telephone and public address systems, control panels etc. The training would be need-based depending on the requirements of the employers like Telecommunications, MPRO, P&E, PHE, DP&AR, etc.
This projects is implemented is Integrated School, Kolasib and Special Blind School, Durtlang.
(A Govt. of West Bengal Undertaking)
P-1, Taratala Road, Kolkata - 700088
West Bengal, India
Ph: 033-2401 7699
Fax: 033-2401 4081
Department of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology
Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi: 110003
Braille Computer Systems for Blind Schools
- Advertisement of Job Vacancies under Mizoram State e-Governance Society
- Officer Order regarding designation of Administrator and Reporting Officer of e-Mail Policy
- Office Order regarding Arrangement of Link officer and staff under ICT
- Notification regarding constitution of State Broadband Committee for effective implementation and proliferation of Broadband in the state of Mizoram with the composition and terms of reference.
- Office Order regarding constitution of Core Group for Citizen Charter of DICT