The rural people are lagging behind in all sphere of life due to lack of access to three essential resources necessary for development viz., Information, Infrastructure and Services. The reason for this backwardness cannot be exaggerated and the worst being in communication infrastructure for last mile connectivity and service delivery points in all the villages. In order to solve the problems being faced by the rural people, the project aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide communication infrastructure through VSAT internet connectivity to reach out digitally all the villages in Mizoram.
- To set up Rural Information Kiosk in 300 villages for ICT-enabled service delivery outlets in all villages of Mizoram providing a range of government and business services to the people in the village in which he/she resides
- To establish a “single window” clearance for providing various government services at the villager’s doorstep like birth certificate, caste certificate, land registration, property registration, electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, public grievances, inner line permit, pay tax, apply passport online, etc.
- To improve communication between government administrators and citizens by building an interactive District/Block Portals to disseminate information and submit grievances
- Reduction in levels of inconvenience and costs incurred by the citizen as a result of repeated travel to the District/Block Headquarters for availing Government to Citizen Services
- Bridging the Digital Divide in the State by bring information technology closer to the citizen especially those residing in the remote parts of the State (7) Providing employment opportunities to the rural population in the State as part of this initiative
- Provide market access and market information to enable farmers and artisans in the State to learn about new products in the market, to anticipate demand for existing and new products; and to understand pricing strategies.
- Providing access to quality healthcare to the rural citizens of the State through E-Medicine and E-Consulting
State Designated Agency:
Department of ICT, Govt. of Mizoram
Secretariat Building Annex-1,
Treasury Square, Aizawl, Mizoram.
Zoram Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (ZENICS)
Public Sector Undertaking of the Govt of Mizoram
Treasury Square, Aizawl – 796001, Mizoram
North Eastern Council,
Ministry of DoNER, Govt. of India