The project is focused on assisting the Department of School Education through NEC fund to assume its leadership role of the ICT in School Education with the following objectives:
- To formulate computer education programme for integration of computers into the curriculum, and to make IT a part of schooling process.
- To provide Computer Systems to 100 schools in Mizoram and introduce awareness programme in those schools.
- To facilitate Internet connection from BSNL to the selected schools.
- To increase computer literacy among the school students and building the capacity of their knowledge.
- To provide teacher special training programme for the faculty of IT in School so as to enable them to teach computer subject in school.
- To achieve computer literacy among the school teacher of different levels.
State Designated Agency:
Department of ICT, Govt. of Mizoram
Secretariat Building Annex-1,
Treasury Square, Aizawl, Mizoram.
Zoram Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (ZENICS)
Public Sector Undertaking of the Govt of Mizoram
Treasury Square, Aizawl – 796001, Mizoram
North Eastern Council,
Ministry of DoNER, Govt. of India